What this privacy notices covers
Northampton Archery Club is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Northampton Archery Club. This notice explains how we collect and use your personal information.
Who we are
Northampton Archery Club is a sports club.
ArcheryGB is our national governing body for archery in Great Britain. ArcheryGB is responsible for all levels of archery within the UK from elite to development level.
Northampton Archery Club operates the website https://www.northamptonarchery.co.uk/ (the “Website”).
Northampton Archery Club is a data controller under the data protection rules.
Information we gather
Northampton Archery Club gathers certain information about you. Information about you is also used by our affiliated entities, namely county, regional associations and ArcheryGB.
We collect information in the following ways:
When you become a member of Northampton Archery Club you will give us information to enable us to process your membership application. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, disability, ethnicity and your archery qualifications.
When you fill in our member suggestion page on our website, the information you provide to us may include your name, email address and phone number.
When you claim a club record or an achievement badge, information we ask for may include your name, email address and telephone number.
If you enquire to join Northampton Archery Club and have not completed your beginners course with us, we may ask you to fill in an assessment form, the information you provide us may include name, email address and telephone number.
- Beginners Course or Taster Session
When you enquire to join a beginners course or taster session, you give us information to enable us to process your request. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, disability, ethnicity and your archery qualifications.
- Open Competition Entrants
When you enter a competition hosted by Northampton Archery Club, you give us information to enable us to process your request. Information may include your name, date of birth (if under 18), email address, phone number and any disability information.
In accordance with our competition entry documentation, photography and video may be taken at events, and these images may be used on our website, social media platforms and promotional / internal documents.
When you are at a Northampton Archery Club venue or an event run by us, if you wish to take photographs we will ask you to sign the photograph register in line with the ArcheryGB policy. This information may include name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Information we get from your use of our Website and services.
Each time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect certain information. This information includes technical information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and information relating to what pages you have viewed but this information is not held against you as an individual, it does not allow us to identify you and is used for reporting and analytics only and helps us to improve our Website.
How we may use your information
We will only use your information for the purpose in which your information was collected.
There are six lawful basis that we may process your data under and we rely on different ones dependent on why you have given us that data:-
- Membership –
- Performance of a Contract – To process your membership
- Legitimate Interest – To send you the enewsletter & other relevant information related to archery.
- Consent – To pass your information to ArcheryGB to hear about news & offers from them
- Beginners Course or Taster Session
- Performance of a Contract – To process your enquiry
- Open Competitions
- Performance of a Contract – To process your enquiry
- Legitimate Interest – To send you entry forms for future events.
- Legal Obligation – To process and record that you are taking photographs in case of a dispute
When you join Northampton Archery Club you will automatically be added to our newsletter list, this means that we can communicate to you information that is relevant to you as a member of the club. If you do not wish to receive this information you can just let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do choose opt out of this information, we will keep your details on a ‘suppression list’ to ensure that you do not receive the newsletter moving forwards.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Associate bodies such as County, Region, ArcheryGB and BBOB RFC so that your membership can be processed and so that they may communicate with you regarding archery events or to allow the associate bodies to manage the running of the sport in their areas.
- Analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website, however you can not be identified from this information
- Website hosting provider so that we can provide the online forms that you may submit your data to us on
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Northampton Archery Club, Our Members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. No data is shared outside of EEA.
We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We enter into contracts with all of our data processors and monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with Northampton Archery Clubs policies and procedures.
Users under 18
If you are under 18, we will also collect the details of your parent or guardian. We will communicate with the Parent or Guardian and not you as the child.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service and in accordance with legal requirements, tax and accounting rules.
We will keep the following specific data for these periods:-
- Membership – Information will be retained for 2 years, following this period we will anonymise or delete your membership history.
- Photograph Register – Information will be retained for 5 years
- Beginners / Taster Sessions – Information will be retained for 5 years
- Open Competition Entrants – Information will be retained for 5 years
- Records, Achievements & Event Results – Indefinitely
We may retain non identifiable data for statistical purposes.
Where we may store your information
Northampton Archery Club will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact our Membership Secretary.
- Request that we delete your personal data where our lawful basis is consent based.
- Object to processing under the lawful basis of legitimate interest
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Secretary and we will respond within one month of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquiries and Complaints
The Secretary is the first point of contact regarding any enquiries arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquiries in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. Northampton Archery Club will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days.
All complaints should be sent to email@example.com.
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
This Privacy Notice was last updated September 2018