The Beginners Courses are open to all who are wanting to try a new and challenging sport. No previous experience is necessary. NAC however has a lower age limit of 8 years.
“I would definitely recommend the beginners course and club to friends and family, as the teaching was fantastic!” – testimonial from May 2016
- Details of the next Beginner’s Courses along with availability of places can be found on our Course List here.
- Course duration: Between 6 and 9 hours of instruction and training over three consecutive weeks. They are held usually on a Saturday from around 1pm outdoors in the Spring/Summer; and 10am indoors in the Autumn/Winter. These times are however a guide only and individual course times/days may vary. You will be required to attend all three sessions to complete the course.
- Course Content: Shooting and technique, safety, equipment, scoring and etiquette.
- Costs – Adults £45 – Juniors (under 18s) £30. We also run a family beginners’ course fee for two adults and up to two children for an all-in-one price of £100. Gift Vouchers are available if you would like to give one to a relative or friend.
- Once you have submitted your booking enquiry (see form below) we will contact you to confirm the availability of your chosen course. A deposit of 50% of the total cost is required within 7 days of confirmation to secure your place. This is refundable up to 5 weeks prior to the start of your course. The remainder of the fee should be paid a minimum of 14 days before the commencement of the course.
- Payment: BACS transfer, cash or cheque (details will be in our reply to you).
- Children and youths under 18 years of age should ask their parent or guardian to submit the application on their behalf. Juniors under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian whilst at the course.
- Clothing & Footwear: Please wear sensible closed fronted shoes and comfortable clothing that’s not too loose as it may catch on the bow string.
- Summer courses are held outdoors and we advise you to dress accordingly to suit the weather conditions.
- You need to attend all three sessions to pass the course.
- Further information can be found in this document and on the Archery GB web site .
- Our club does not ask any specific questions on health and fitness to shoot. We do, however, point out that it is the responsibility of anyone attending our courses or joining our club, to disclose any health conditions they may suffer from – which may affect their own and/or others’ safety/well-being whilst at Northampton Archery Club.
- Data Protection –
To ask for a Course Booking, further information or gift vouchers please fill out the form below and submit.
NB – In respect of the question whether you are right or left handed – this refers to which hand you write with (not with which hand you will hold the bow).